"My work includes emotional, figural paintings which explore the relationship between humans and nature, artistic interpretations and graphic works inspired by popular culture, and a wide variety of branding and logo design"
Here is our 11,5q. interview with Jeff:
1. Where are you from, where do you live right now?
2. Most interesting places you’ve ever been to?
I've enjoyed traveling to Italy, Ireland, and Costa Rica, but no place was as purely "interesting" as Japan
3. Your top 5 artists of all times.
This changes all the time, but here are 5 that come to mind currently: Kosuke Fujishima, Alphonse Mucha, Andrew Jones, Stanley Lau, Adam Hughes
4. Your top 5 movies of all times.
Jurassic Park, The Hobbit (1979 animated version), Ah My Goddess!, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and pretty much any Studio Ghibli movie
Another list that is never static, but some of my long-time favorites are: Sonata Arctica, Subsignal, Hikaru Utada, Blind Guardian, Seventh Wonder
6. The most annoying thing to you?
People that say one thing and do another
7. 3 lessons / advices for beginning artists
- Don't be afraid to experiment and be intuitive.
- Learn to talk about your work clearly and articulately (I still need to learn this).
- Make stuff that you want to make, not what someone else wants.
8. 5 websites you like to visit
9. How would you describe your art to a blind person?
Somewhat abstracted portraits of female faces combined with natural elements, patterns, geometry, and animals.
10. What do you think about… Jackson Pollock's art ?
I'm the kind of person who is less interested in the novelty of process, the intent, or historical context of visual art, and more concerned with simply responding to the finished product. To me Pollock's paintings are just not very interesting or pleasing to look at.
11. Who would you probably be if you weren’t an artist?
That's tough, I might be in some sort of technology industry, something to do with computers? or video games?
11,5. What is the Universe to you?
Scary, fascinating, big.
Thank you once again Jeff.
Click to visit Jeff's website.
TH&Stary Van Dam Starry